Growing up in Santa Monica, California set me free – for life and for painting. In a family of five, there was lots of time to explore; the mountains; the surf; the fruit-laden alleys, freedom. I was a risk taker. I survived.
I paint in a vigorous gestural style, fast, attacking the canvas with ambigious line, clashing movement, spontanious drawing, making intutuive marks, compositionally distorted, then calmed by large shapes of color, again interupted by words indicating currents events or commentary, then reworking, scraping, covering again by gesture, leaving a penimento of time. Often times I add a sculputural element, like an old innertube, or a ships warning flag, or a collaged t-shirt.
I work on large unstretched canvas or linen , tacked to a huge wall. I liken the paintings to graffitti and cave drawings or billboards covered and recovered, looking back to Ancient Roman cave drawing or Petrogliffs on Hawaiian rocks, influenced by deKoonings color, Rauschenberg's Combines, and Basquiet's social commentary.
- Represented by Brintz Gallery, Palm Beach Florida
- Represented by CBCA, Cynthia Brynes Contempory Art
- Guild Member Silvermine Guild of Art, New Canaan, CT
- Saatchi and Saatchi online – thrice picked as Best Art of the Week.
. UPCOMING SHOW/ BRINTZ GALLERY, PALM BEACH, 2018
- Curated group show/ New Work/ Silvermine Guild, November 2016
- Solo Show, Lionheart Gallery, May 2016, IMPULSE
- Collaborative show, Art of Mark Making, Silvermine Gallery, Feb 2014
- 2013 Solo Show - Hammond Museum, North Salem, NY Sep 15 2013
- 2012 Solo Show - Lionheart Gallery
- 2012 Best in Show, St. Matthews, Bedford New York. Curated by Neil Watson, Director of Katonah Museum of Art
- 2011 Best in Show. Curated by Walter Liedtke, curator of European Paintings, the Metropolitan Museum Museum of Art, New York City
- 2010 Juried Show, Art in Language, Silvermine Gallery, New Canaan, CT
- 2010 Best Painting, Art Show, St. Matthews Church, Curated by Neil Watson of Katonah Museum of Art
- 2008 Studio Tour, PS1 MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) New York
- 2007 Two Selves, Two Person Show, Moscow, Russia
- Four Seasons hotel loby- Houston- Four paintings
- Washington DC, Mixed Use Building, Lobby,, Works on paper, Paintings
- Ritz Carleton/Pentagon City Hotel lobby - four paintings
- Marriott/ The Buttes,Tempe Arizona hotel lobby – four paintings
- Washington DC mixed use bldg, four paintings
- Nyc, hotel, art installation
- New York Studio School
- NYC Art Students Leauge
- NYC Harlem Studio School
- NYC National Academy of Art
- Silvermine School of Art